SM102-5-t3 plate size

P

pam_add

anyone can help me to find the min and max plate size can handle this machine ?

Standard plate size for Heidelberg Speedmaster 102 is 790x1030 mm (if it's equiped with Autoplate option) or 770x1030 mm (without Autoplate option).

And I don't really understand what do you mean about min and max plate size? All Heidelberg sheet fed printing presses (and other brands) use one standard size of plates because of construction of their printing mechanism. If you really need you can use plate with reduced width but it depends from what register system equiped you press (standard Bacher 780 used for Heidelberg presses in Europe, so the approximate minimum width of plate is about 790 mm). And nothing to do with height of plate - it always must be the standard size.

i mean i can use 785x1030 instead of 790 anyone try this?

I have some experience with smaller height of plate but on smaller Heidelberg press Speedmaster 74 and we printed on minimal possible speed.

It's not a good idea to use smaller height of plate and can be quite dangerous. Do you have Autoplate on your Heidelberg Speedmaster 102?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back