Small Press Wash?

Steve_S

We are looking for a good small press wash for our QM 46-2 presses. Something very low VOC / low odor / "greener" would be a bonus. Any good suggestions?

Get in touch with either Amerikal or Bestchemsupply.

Both have a product that will work and be suitable for that machine.

It has odor but works great is Varn V120. I mix 50/50 with water. I start with a color wash step 1. Another good product is Varn take it off and also Febo. The varv V120 is nice because the water fights the calcium build up that most sheets and envelopes have. We have tried greener low voc washes and apart from the high cost I feel the cleaning properties are very poor.

Varn V120 is not green or low VOC... There are low voc washes out there that work and work well....
You will notice that yes varn v120 and similar products pull more piment off/out of the rollers then low voc green washes, but while it is doing that, it is also leaching plastiser's out of the rollers which is a negative.

If a colour change from a dark colour to a light clean colour is needed, then the use of appropriated roller cleaner paste should be used between washes. Not relying on super strong roller washes to do it.

Have used the V120 half and half w/ water as a #2 and #3 step with Varn Step one to start for years...easy on rollers and good "color pull"

SnappySteve asked for a low voc "Green" wash.
Varn V120 msds - Please view it and tell me which part is Green? It may work but it is not the type of product he is asking for.

V120 is great - if you like to have your employees go home with a splitting headache everyday. Trying to do a little better than that... Thanks for the replies!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back