sound dampening

ZeeBees

Any suggestions for sound dampening digital printing machines without adding block and morter walls? my NRC is getting out of hand.

Really.... don't get a offset press or a folder then, you'll go nuts!

too late.
built a glass soundproof room for the folder and hydraulic cutter.
might have to do something like that for the printer, but it is a lot bigger and not as conducive to same type of construction.
has anyone enclosed their unit in a soundproof box or layered the unit with sound dampening baffles?

Make sure you have A/C in that room or you'll cook the box. I still have a hard time believing the machine is that loud that it needs sound proofed. Do you have super human hearing?

There are all sorts of sound deadening materials that you can use. We had a sand like material that we used in recording studios. Couldn't hear anything outside the room.

Make sure you have A/C in that room or you'll cook the box. I still have a hard time believing the machine is that loud that it needs sound proofed. Do you have super human hearing?

Yes, yes i do. my official noise to sound recognition differential rating is rated quite high (ex-sonar tech). besides that though, i am fine with headphones. But would like to play nice with a neighboring call center.

What about the foam ??? panels used in music rooms.... maybe they just keep the sound from bouncing though.

What about the foam ??? panels used in music rooms.... maybe they just keep the sound from bouncing though.

Dont know how bad the problem is and if this is overkill but

Have you considered building a RWAR? (Room Within A Room) Ultimate Sound-Proofing: Building a "Room Within a Room"

its only studs/ chickenwire (to retain the insulation on the outside face of the studs, the inside face retains the insul with plasterboard) plasterboard, direct finish, then maybe a floating ceiling, second/ third layer plasterboard and maybe resilient bars

whats your room constructed of? how much space you got spare? whats your headroom?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back