spectrophotometer

ar17

hi all, can you recommend an affordable but accurate spectro unit that can measure simple lab and density value. plan to purchase immediately about 3 to 4 units. thanks

Xrite i1 Pro 3, or i1 Pro 2 are probably your best bets depending on what you needs are. The i1 Pro 3 Plus would be better if you need a larger aperture.

The i1 solutions all require connection to a computer to get the readings. If you're looking for something that has an integrated display you'd be looking at an Xrite eXact, Techkon Spectrodens or KonicaMinolta FD5. All of these are considerably more expensive than an i1.

My company happens to have 5, i1 Pro 2 demo units for sale at the moment if you're looking for a deal. PM me if you're interested.

Last edited:
I have 2 techkon spectrodens, one premium one advance, maybe we can work out sth, I m from Boston Area

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ar17 was asking for Lab and density values and my understanding is that the densities measured by i1 are not reliable as it lacks polarizing filter. At least not from a wet sheet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ar17 was asking for Lab and density values and my understanding is that the densities measured by i1 are not reliable as it lacks polarizing filter. At least not from a wet sheet.
i1 Publish Pro3
Measurement Conditions• M0 - UV included - ISO 13655:2017
• M1 - D50 - ISO 13655:2017
• M2 - UV excluded Filter - ISO 13655:2017

i1 Publish Pro Plus
Measurement Conditions• M0 - UV included - ISO 13655:2017
• M1 - D50 - ISO 13655:2017
• M2 - UV excluded Filter - ISO 13655:2017
• M3 - Polarization - ISO 13655:2017

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back