SpinJet Work and Tumble queue

Whitaker

We just bought a used SpinJet and I've set up a queue for w/tumble, but the output keeps coming out wrong, the back is rotated. According to the brief reference to w/tumble in the manual it says that w/tumble should not be a "same data"queue, which doesn't make since because it should be, just like a w/turn.

How do you set up a queue for w/tumble jobs?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike

We're using version 2.1. I see where there is a mention of work and tumble in the manual, it just says "flip side 2 by 180 degrees", but a work and tumble should be 2 sided same data, not 2 sided different data. I've tried sending the same data down as if it is a 2 sided different data, but it still doesn't line up properly.

Mike

I would suggest to upgrade to version 3 of the software, it is a new re-write and is a lot easier to user !!! contact techsage.dk

What you do is flip side 2 by 180 degrees and use the same data for the second side. This should solve your problem.

is there any advantage is upgrading to 4.0 from 3.2.8 beside the load balancing which we don't need.

We're using version 2.1. I see where there is a mention of work and tumble in the manual, it just says "flip side 2 by 180 degrees", but a work and tumble should be 2 sided same data, not 2 sided different data. I've tried sending the same data down as if it is a 2 sided different data, but it still doesn't line up properly.

Mike

If your normal sheetwork and turn jobs are aligning up correctly, but tumbles do not, it is probably to the jobs that you are sending. The spinjet just rotates the job (it has no idea of sheet position), hence if the proofing the plate rather than sheet, it will be out as the sheet will not be centered on the plate

What you can do is use the advanced centering options, to set ignore values, or if the job is always out by the same amount each time set an offset

Some of the differences between 3.2.8 and 4.0.6 (latest version), are:
-Complete restructuring of menus to a much more logical workflow
-Wildcards Page matching function
-Built-in Wizards and Tutorials
-Visualization of queues and printers.

Please have a look at the Screenshots and ChangeLogs at SpinFlow > Home

Happy Thanksgiving!

i did look at all of the spin jet site. I just bought a used spinjet like the original poster and have not used it yet. I was mostly interested in knowing whether I should just go ahead and update since I have never used the current 3.2.8. Are the new/improved functions in 4.0.6 that much better? would it be foolish not to upgrade. is 3.2.8 workable for most people.

That is off course always a matter of opinion. But it is always better to be on the latest version (perhaps except for Vista?). In any case, going from 3.2.8 to 4.0.6 is only a Euro 85.00 (approx. $110.00) cost, so it is not a major investment.

I did not realize the upgrade was that cheap I could never get that far on the purchase screen. I have an email in on how to change the registration to me. I suppose your right though it is always better to upgrade. I try not to be on the bleeding edge. some upgrades cost way too much and have some other issues that you have to wait until they fix. ahh vista - windows ME 2.0 i buy software and it wont run on vista with out issues. so back to xp until the next windows comes out in 2011. I really should buy a new mac, but since we moved to all pdf workflow I have not had to turn on the mac in a year.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back