Spot Gloss Varnish or AQ Coating

kirsch71

DOes anyone have any suggestions to make jobs POP more when printing jobs that require a spot GLOSS Varnish or Aqueous Coating with a dull background. We often use a strike through but it never seems to POP as much as we would like. Any suggestions.

Re: Spot Gloss Varnish or AQ Coating

are you dry trapping the varnish? that seems to help make it pop a bit more, I also believe we order High Gloss varnish from our ink vendor when the client it looking more of a pop as opposed to protection.

Try overall Satin or Matte AQ and then Spot High Gloss Varnish. You can add a drying agent if needed ( SpeedyDry) . Very Punchy but it's two pass and racked off press.

In my experience, Strike through has only provided good results when printed over a very dark background. Without the strong contrast, the results can be hard to see at times.

Keith I have heard of this - is this where you Spot gloss varnish the images on the last unit and then put an overall matt coat down on your coater - the coating is repelled by the gloss varnish - so you get a Matt background with a High Varnish in the pics

Peter

a few years back at the graph expo, komori had some sample using a matte varnish/gloss aq coating. to get the full effect put 1oz per pound opaque white in the matte varnish and inline lay down the flood gloss aqueous coating. knock out what you want to be gloss in the matte plate. dark solids show the effect best. it does take 10 mins or soo to show up. enjoy.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back