Stahl 1426 (Baum B26) continuous feed displays "watchdog" message

iXod

The Stahl 1426 (same as Baum B26) operates normally most of the time. Sometimes when turning on Folder Drive, the display immediately shows "Watchdog".

I called Stahl and they say this folder is too old to be supported. I did get a wiring diagram from them and a fact: that Watchdog may happen when voltage to the main circuit board (A1) is not available. I checked and 220v ac and 24v ac is available at the board. Fuses are all good.

I borrowed a main board and operator panel from a working Stahl 1426 folder. The problem remains.

The last communication I received from Stahl said that they will not answer any more questions about this old machine.

Has anyone seen the "Watchdog" message on a Stahl or Baum folder? What is the cause? And the repair?

Is there another forum where I may ask bindery and offset press questions about repairs?

Thank you,
David in USA

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back