The aging of thermal plate?

Recently,We received a batch of thermal plates(Because I have not any evidence,I can not provide brand.Pls understand).the procudtion date is same as last batch,So much as the difference of time is only half an hour.But the exposure laser is more different.We heard from the aging problem and transport container lead to this problem.
What is the aging time?
Can the cool container weaken the aging time,Let the plates can be store longer time?Why?
Thank for your favor.

Last edited:
Thanks, AGFA-Vlad.
Can you give me more details?
In past,We stored the plates in normal condition in summer or winter.But there was not any this issue,Why that was so this time.
Did you mean this issue was leaded in manufacture?

The aging of thermal plate?

Hi,

Please be advised that the storage of thermal plates is not as difficult as storing polymer plates, which are much more sensitive to different temperature. So I am sure that there is no storage problem with your plates and they are not expired.

In general I suggest Kodak Thermal plates and I never had any problems with them. We also store the plates, which we normally bake, for a second and a third run. In a packing press you can save a lot of money with this. After baking the plate can make about one million impressions.

Anyhow, if you start with a new consignment it is almost better to re-calibrate your CTP to get the best output.

Regards,
Gerhard

But Mr.noregret0808 does not want to open the secret - Brand Name of plates.
Storing conditions can be different for different brand names.
I suppose the transportation in the truck-trailer with a fabric cover (not climate-controlled container) when the sun heats the content of the trailer during a day and cold nigths when the driver has a rest - really stressful conditions.
My Customers do the Laser Exposure level calibration regulary - from stack to stack (butch ##) or even monthly.

May be the time to clean up the Optics just came??????????
We don't know the model name of his CTP, neither plate type/name :(

Last edited:
Hi AGFA-Vlad,
"My Customers do the Laser Exposure level calibration regulary - from stack to stack (butch ##) or even monthly." that is hard to us,If We need calibrate the laser exposure,We must ask creo's engineer to do.The cost is expensive.
Are you agfa's person?Do you know the P100?
Thanks,

I'm not AGFA Serviceman anymore... :(
My Service Contract has ended 2 weeks ago, so I look for another opportunity.
P100 - do you mean Polaris 100? Sure I know that monster pretty well.
Creo's engineer - do you mean Kodak?
As I know Kodak swallowed Creo Canada and established new Kodak Canada HeadQuarter exactly at Creo HQ in Vancouver BC

Last edited:
Hi AGFA-VLad,
You are an excellent engineer.Many opportunities are wating for you.
P100 would be agfa's P970,whose color is green and different from other blue thermal plates.
Creo's engineer is KODAK,Our platesetter is creo's,So we call it is creo chronically.
Are you in Europe?
Can you give me your email address?
Thanks,

Last edited:
Hi AGFA-VLad,
How are you!Did you get the perfct job?I told our friend(Our provider) you were a CTP veteran.Now they are looking for a professional engineer on CTP.If you have interest in this issue,Pls send email to me([email protected].
In fact,I prefer to research the technical issue.Maybe,I will have more question to ask you in the future.
Thanks,
Waiting for your reply.

Hi,
I just want to inform everybody that I have willingly changed ny nickname on AGFA Corp request.
Everybody has to take in account all my messages as private IMHO based on my experience and I am NOT the official AGFA representative (as SteveAGFA for instance).
Thanks, noregret0808. Will send you private msg.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back