The New Xerox Baltoro-HF Inkjet Press

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
Xerox has announced the Xerox Baltoro-HF Inkjet Press. A new cut-sheet production platform that prints high-volume transactional work, high-quality direct mail and catalogs on a single press.

The the Baltoro-HF is called a breakthrough platform that “Expands into the commercial print environment and supports high-quality production with economics similar to offset printing,” according to Tracey Koziol, a Xerox SVP.

The Baltoro-HF uses automated intelligence to optimize / maintain color & image quality, and self-correct in real-time, delivering high-definition 1200 x 1200 dpi image quality without the need to pre-condition or pre-coat media. Eliminating the priming solution reduces press size, power consumption and total cost of ownership.

The color density of the Brenva samples at PRINT18 left a lot to be desired compared with the Xerox Trivor and larger competitors from Canon. I'm hoping to see a seriously upped game in this machine.

I have been saying for a decade that it seems like someone could use something similar to the solvent inks used in wide format printers for high speed printing on a wide range of media. I would love to know more about the ink they are using and the cost per click versus toner.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back