The Pressroom Manager

Cory Smith

212-The-Pressroom-Manager.png

as if there's no press factor that contributes a specific concern.

I’d say that is where Gordo is being ironically sarcastic (sardonic?). When compared to the press, prepress is largely consistent and more likely to have process control.

Stephen Marsh

I’d say that is where Gordo is being ironically sarcastic (sardonic?). When compared to the press, prepress is largely consistent and more likely to have process control.

Stephen Marsh

When I was at Creo and gave talks to press operators and prepress folks I would often preface the presentations with a comment about how prepress would "just huck the plates and proofs over the wall into the pressroom." That comment would usually get big smiles of recognition from the audience. The wall is very real and I think it still applies to many, if not most shops. When Creo and Heidleberg formed their joint venture I was tasked to provide CtP training sessions to the Heidelberg demo facilities in the US. At their premier facility in Kennesaw there was a huge glass wall separating prepress from the pressroom. One of the first things I did was to bring the press operators into prepress and show them what prepress did and how it impacted their work in the pressroom. I then brought prepress into the pressroom and showed them how and what the press operators dealt with. Neither groups had ever been into the other's areas before - even though they were only separated by a sheet of glass.
Those experiences were the inspiration behind this particular cartoon.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back