thinking about buying a Flexo printer (details inside) , advice please

tom656

My company packages products for Hotels in China. Hotels want our products rebranded with their packaging. We are just starting out so expect orders in the 5,000-10,000 quantity range. The problem we are running into is that no one wants to print off that amount of film and switch plates for our next customer. The only solution I can think of is to buy a Flexo printer myself and print out our own packaging. I'm not sure how huge of an undertaking this is. We would be switching the plates quite often. Most hotels would only want 1 extra color on their packaging. Our packaging is always the same size. If someone can give me some advice on what I am getting myself into jumping into this and doing it myself that would be great.

Thanks

Interesting.. a digital press. If I just want to print on film for pillow packaging, what is the price range for one of these?

realistically my max capacity only needs to be 10,000 images a day which are roughly 12"x12". Maybe I should be looking at a different type of printer. Like a UV or sublimation roll printer.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back