This Just In.....

I've known for some time that they were on the verge of suckiness. It's taken me until now to ascertain the exact level of suckiness.

LOL

I've known for some time that they were on the verge of suckiness. It's taken me until now to ascertain the exact level of suckiness.

LOL

I guess you've finally ponied up and bought a Status F Suckimeter.

:)

gordon p

Open quark, try to print....crashes. Open quark, make changes, try to save....crashes.

See attached as well.....

Pretty sure it's a snow leopard problem as evidenced by other posts.

Attachments

• translation error.jpg
    translation error.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 171
Quark has been a downhill proposition since the release of 6.0. I was installing a new CTP in a location with 15-20 designers feeding it. They all were "upgraded" to 6.0 the day before. I spent a full day just trying to get jobs to position properly and consistently from all the Macs. Many new gray hairs were sprouted that day.

7 on this machine. We really don't even use Quark all that much anymore, mostly InDesign. I'd say about 10% Quark jobs. Most of my problems center on repeat business card, letterhead, envelopes, etc. that were originally set up in Quark. Not a huge deal, just a pain in the arse.

7 on this machine. We really don't even use Quark all that much anymore, mostly InDesign. I'd say about 10% Quark jobs. Most of my problems center on repeat business card, letterhead, envelopes, etc. that were originally set up in Quark. Not a huge deal, just a pain in the arse.

Ah ok. Yeah, that's a pain.

We're going to stick with Leopard for a while. We didn't seen any compelling reason to go to Snow Leopard yet.

Fun times,
Jon

Since Quark 3 or so I have quoted a scene from Quigley Down Under to my customers . . .

"I never said I didn't know how to use it . . . I said I didn't have any use for it" . . .Matthew Quigley

Quark has addressed a few nagging file prep issues in it's latest version (i.e. 8.1.6.2), namely exporting transparencies natively, but what amazes me is their total lack of high resolution overprint preview, such as the one found in Adobe Creative Suite (all versions). Image previews are very poor to say the least.

Give me InDesign any day. Sorry, Quark.

We ued Quark for many years. Then upgraded to 7. Couldnt get it to print. Called tech support. Couldnt understand them, I guess they are located in Syria or someplace. Complained to Quark. No response. Went to several trade shows and talked to Quark about the problems. They promised a follow up. Never got one. We like many others have switched to InDesign. Got a sales call several months ago from Quark. I was very nice to the gal but politely told her that our relationship with her company was OVER!!

8.1.6.2 only supports native transparency it creates. Your SOL if you need native transparency to be honored from an ai file. Now that they have added the ability to place native illustrator files. All hail Quark!!
Blazing a trail to the 19th century of printing.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back