Thoughts on the IGEN4

yanger

So our contract is ending with Xerox, and we've outputted x4 our regular output from the 1000 Color Press and 700 Color Press.

We've had the 1000 for ages and we've seen all the negatives of the machine. [Black fine lines issues - a known unfixable issue, printouts run slightly more magenta, image registration issues after a half a million copies or so (registration transport requires full replacement/rebuild)

So we're thinking of dual iGen4 90s and/or iGen4 110s, mixed or matched. Any negatives about the iGen4 you guys know of (or any other negatives from the iGen3s, 2s that may of followed it's iGen successor?)

Make sure you ask about the electricity usage on an iGen. From my memory on another post someone said their electricity almost doubled when they had the install. (Don't ask xerox, ask an owner) I still feel you are better off with multiple engines than any single engine, that's why we have a backup to our 1000.

We have an iGen150 that replaced our CP1000 (mainly due to all the negatives you mentioned, plus a few more). The uptime has been much better with the iGen. The quality isn't as good as the ColorPress, and there is more maintenance to be done to the machine. And more strict environmental conditions need to be met.

we have an igen 3.....downtime is an issue. Let me clarify, response time by the service tech is an issue. They are well within their contract but it is ridiculous if you ask me. If we were allowed to what I would consider "minor repairs", then we would like it better. Unfortunately you have to call a tech for almost everything. Our onsite service tech ends at 5pm. They have a 6 hour on site response guarantee......that means if you go down at noon, they will see you at 8am the next day. Then they show up, find the issue, order a part, and return at 8am the next day to install. In summary, you have almost 3 days of downtime. Re-write the fine print of the service contract and you will be better off with an igen.

Josh, in my experience the service delays, unfortunately applies to all Xerox machines. And Agfa, and Canon, and Komori, and Mitsubishi.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back