Toner on National Back Order

Craig

How the hell can toner be on a national back order from Xerox??? What's up with that... someone forget to show up at work to make sure there was enough being made? :confused:

Yes, the 700 toner is on national back order. I do believe that they have been re-stocked in most of the colors. We received all our orders on MYK. Cyan is still back-ordered. Fuji loaned us some, Xerox found 1 in the USA and then brought 2 in from Guam to keep us running. I heard Cyan should be replenished by Friday or Monday, we'll see. Overall if you know the people to contact, Xerox at least in our case bends over backwards to help. We are running 150k -270k per month in 12 x 18 or 13 x 19 clicks a month on our 700.

You got it, it's definitely affecting the 700's- just got our first panic call from a customer asking us to source some for them.

I think this is like the 3rd or 4th time in the past 1.5 years where they had a toner shortage, 2 times it being Cyan and another time being Yellow. Not to mention the shortage they had color drums.

Yes, the toner is made in New York. But the cartridges are made in Japan. Supposedly the second toner plant that was announced will help.

We are having the same issue but we are also having a shortage for our Color Press 800 we can't Yellow or Magenta. Too bad the toners aren't the same than I could use my Cyan from my 800 to fill my 700 then use my 700 magenta and yellow to fill my 800. Xerox has to figure this out soon. How are print providers supposed to stay in business if you can't get toner?

I had been waiting for a little over a month for my last order of Cyan and the other day I emailed our Xerox rep letting them know I needed it for some jobs we got in and it showed up the next day.

We are having the same issue but we are also having a shortage for our Color Press 800 we can't Yellow or Magenta. Too bad the toners aren't the same than I could use my Cyan from my 800 to fill my 700 then use my 700 magenta and yellow to fill my 800. Xerox has to figure this out soon. How are print providers supposed to stay in business if you can't get toner?

Although the bottles are different I think both machines use EA-ECO toner. Someone on here gave an interesting run-down of all the different xerox types of toner and I'm pretty sure the 700 and 800/1000 use the same EA-ECO toner. Obviously you'll have to empty one cart into the other... not much fun - it'll keep you up and running though. I'd double check with yer tech and see if he can confirm that before going ahead!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back