tornado alley

rbailleu

I see the destruction in places like joplin and wonder what would I do. anybody know of any printers that need help in joplin or elsewhere. do they just need to be left alone to clean up?

Years ago the Printing Industry of Illinois had a partnership program for all printers. The jist of it was if a printer went down due to a disaster they could turn to PII who had this list. If you were on it, you could run their work, but never get involved in taking accounts over or any other thing like that. Times have changed so much I don't even know if that list still exists. Its a good concept.

Treat it as any other trade work where you don't go after the end customer. It's great when we can pull together to help keep business continuing like this.

hpc,

that would be nice. trust is a big issue with providing services in this way.

but I guess I was thinking did they need stuff. like a spare monitor or loaner computer or carton of paper. I just donated 2 skids of misc. paper to a school that may have been better sent to a printer in joplin. or for that matter food, water. tent. chairs. clothing. campers.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back