Tower Booklet Maker systems

AP90

So I've often wondered something about these systems. We don't have one, but have looked into them in the past. The biggest drawback of them is that the booklets just don't lay very flat. Anyways, to get a full bleed booklet with a tower system, do plants have a separate 3 knife trimmer that they send the books through afterwards, or do they head and foot trim the stacks on the cutter first and then let the booklet maker system face trim them? Second way seems easier, quicker, and less expensive, but I feel like the end product might have problems, such as pages slightly larger than others. I mean fractions of MM's. Just curious how people go about using these systems to produce full bleed. Thats all lol.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back