update a packaged indesign package?

wonderings

I have a wedding invitation I was working on. I packaged everything as I normally do when its ready to go out for proofs. There were some small changes as well as some font changes. Is there a way for me to update the packaged font files indesign or do I have to manually drag the fonts into the 'document fonts' folder?

This is Indesign CC.

I imagine you either need to make a new package or drag the fonts over. If there are other changes, better to just make a new package. Then you don't have to worry that the changes didn't work or you forgot something.

Trash the old package before making the new one. You never know for sure what the results will be when you try to save a new one over the old.

Thats what I normally do when this does happen, which is rare. Just thought I might be missing a nice feature or something that would let me update a package.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back