Update on new Xerox printer

mojoprime

Well, I straight-up asked our Xerox tech while he was here today working on the 700 and he said they haven't been told, and then I said that the general consensus around here was something between the C75/J75 and the iGen, so essentially a new 800 or 1000. and he agreed that's probably the case. but they're even holding it from their front-line guys, which sucks for them because often they're the source of real-world info on a lot of these machines.

FYI.

also, for those looking at the C75/J75, in addition to the in-line spectrometer in the J, it's also rated across the supported paper weights at full speed. i'm assuming that to mean the C75 runs like the 700/700i/770 does now, where it slows down considerably when printing on 300 gsm. he also said don't get the bustled RIP (not offered on the J anyway) but that it's underpowered for complex jobs. it may be cheaper, but it's worth the cost.

[UPDATE: Clarification on the weights across the trays. All trays are rated for up to 220 gsm (80#), only the bypass and OHCF trays are rated for 300 gsm. Sorry about that.]

i have to tell you, this is part of the reason we've stayed with xerox. service service service. it can make the difference.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back