Upgrades All Around...

Criminy

I've learned that in order to use Adobe CS5, you've got to have a Multicore Intel Processor-equipped Mac with OS X v 10.5.7 or 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and a minimum of 1 GB RAM, etc. (We're a Mac-only shop)

So...

We're upgrading to newer Macs and are considering upgrades to our file servers and Prinergy software as well. Does anyone know of any compatibility issues between CS5 generated PDF files, Acrobat, (Pitstop-manipulated) and Prinergy?

Any user experiences regarding this would be appreciated! :)

I've learned that in order to use Adobe CS5, you've got to have a Multicore Intel Processor-equipped Mac with OS X v 10.5.7 or 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and a minimum of 1 GB RAM, etc. (We're a Mac-only shop)
I've installed the CS5 suite on my Mac with 2 gigs of RAM...
beachballs all over the place. Got it up to 4 gigs and no more beachballs.

just sayin'

We don't use Pringergy, so I can't comment on that issue, but they work fine with Esko S7 (if that helps at all).
oh, the CS5 suite has Acro 9, so if you already use that, you should be good to go.

Last edited:
I've been running CS5 for a while and haven't encountered any specific problems here with CS5 and Prinergy 5.1.2. As has already been mentioned, fill the new machine up with RAM. I'd suggest at least 6GB if the machine supports it.

Of course new machines probably means going to 10.6, which has been a problem for some people. We're still running 10.5.8.

Shawn

Thanks, Shawn. I appreciate your input. I think we're in luck. The planets have aligned and we're starting to see some new hardware to go along with our new software! ;)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back