UV Coaters & KM (again) - Tec?

dagoof

I'm running a C6500 and have been considering a coater for a while. I've read through any previous threads I could find - there's obviously a few options available that might manage with a lot of fiddling, but I want something that has 100% confidence, and consensus in the past seemed to be on Tec Lighting.

Is that still the case? I need something as compact as possible and single phase.
Would the Xtracoat Mini suit my purpose? Would an additional unit be required (have read that on some machines additional IR curing might be required)?
And what are they like maintenance wise? I'm in Europe so I'm not sure about the practicalities of owning a machine like this if it required repair.

We have had a TEC unit for a few years now and after the install woes . . . its been a great machine - I see that the new ones have a shorter conveyor but they come with an IR unit to increase the flow out of the UV material . . . hardly any maintenance other than what you would expect - all in all TEC is a pretty good unit.

Yeah, if I was stateside it'd be a no-brainer, I wouldn't hesitate but supply, cost & service over here make it a lot trickier.

Dagoof,

I'd say it's very important to look at whom you do business with. If folks have a hard time getting service, parts & support in the US by a "US" company, one can only imagine what it's like to get those same needs OUTSIDE the US.

I'd like to make an alternative suggestion to you. Few might know the name so far in digital offline coating, but Harris & Bruno International has over 60+ years in the print industry, including world wide service & sales offices in the US (all manufacturing is based out of Sacramento, CA), Germany, Japan & China. H&B has been the major supplier for inline coating circulators and chamber doctor blade systems/anilox rolls in the offset market since the late 90's for such great companies like Komori, KBA, Mitsubishi, Sakurai, Shinohara, etc. A company doesn't attain this position by luck or bad service... a coater at the back end of the press cannot be shutting a $2-5 million dollar press down. H&B has now taken that extensive knowledge of coating and quality engineering and rolled that into new offline coaters called the ExcelCoat ZR/ZRB series. There are a bevy of options with these coaters including: UV curing for UV coating, IR Drying for AQ coatings & primers, Chamber/Anilox Systems, Feeder, Stacker, thin substrate bar, full washup capability among other items.

I've linked a video of the equipment in action for your viewing. If you would like details on whom your rep would be for these products, feel free to PM me:

Harris & Bruno International ExcelCoat ZR Series Offline Coater - YouTube

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back