UV Primer for glass and tiles

Litografa

Hi
We are small laboratory. During one project was created primer which is also suitable for UV wideformat printers. Good result for prints on glass and tile, also possible use on laminated wood. After was also made waterproof lacquer to cover UV prints.
In past we were not familar with this market (UV printing) so need professional advise
1) Is printing on glass/tile important part of marketing/sales for UV printers?
2) Approximately how many sq. meters per month owner of UV printer print on glass/tile?
3) What do you think about end user price of 100 Euro for 1 liter of primer (30-40 sq.m. coverage)? Acceptable? High? Low :) ?
4) Life time - for today we can guarantee 6 months. Is it OK, or will be problem for users?

I am novice, so any experience, advices, any additional information is welcomed! Thank's in advance.
Victor

UV Primer

UV Primer

Sounds great good to see some development posts please keep posting any other projects you may have going.

In terms of an important market of uv machines the answer is yes but this makes up a small part of the industry due to;
Glass - Safety, Overall costs, Longevity
Tile - I have seen little request for tiles as the Longevity of the print under extreme conditions of a bathroom as an example Heat moisture etc. but sounds like your product may resolve these issues.

The amount of printing on glass and tiles really depands on the target market the printer works on. This will vary alot across the industry. This will require a survey to find out a percentage.

Generally in large/grand format uv or any other part of industry we usual base on 100sqm prices you would want your product to be around 50 euro per litre (sorry but you are pushing an already expensive product to produce with out your product on top)

Most of the industry looks at products with 3 - 5 year life as anything on glass could be located on buildings, in direct sunlight, high winds, rain, bla bla bla.
It is important to know what the conditions 6 month life will give ie room temp, or under extremities.

If you could increase life of the product with guarantees and try and reduce the price you would could develop a huge market.
Also keep in mind we can already print on glass and lam. With a guaranteed life of 5 years.

I am very interested in how you go with this I think you could have an excellent product.
Dont let any of this negativity or any other get you down keep pushing sounds great.

Not sure of you capabilities but developing Enviro friendly material of any nature is a big winner world wide.

First of all about life time. Looks my English is not good at all. Life time means that product (primer) schould be used within 6 months from manufacturing date if keeped in usual office temperature (not more than 30 degrees Centigrade). If primer will be stored in fridge (not higher than 5 degrees Centigrade) - life time can be up to 12 months.

Durability - printed on glass with primer and covered by lacquer image was under 60 degree Centigrade water for 4 hours without any changes and problems.
Generally speaking life time of image will not be less than manufacturer of inks guarantee for inks. Even better, primer and lacquer add at least 1 year to IMAGE LIFE TIME.

Price - of course depend from quantity. Now we are producing tens of liters every week. Of course if we will be able sell more primer - will be able buy more components - save on delivery and etc. - prices will be lower. But now prices are prices :(
Originally primer was developed for local furniture manufacturers -kitchens, sliding doors and etc. But HEAVY CRISIS absolutely kill sales of this items in Baltic region, so we have decided promote our products ourselves and try to sell them outside our region.

Product is water/spirit based so is eco-friendly.

Last edited:
Sounds great shelf Life shouldn't be a problem as most stock is bought on a purchase as you go or month to month. The additional 1 year life is a great asset for the product strongly suggest you us this in a sales pitch different regions require different life.

You mentioned it could be applied to laminated wood. Can it also be applied to plastics and metal. The industry is heavily into using Diebond (used for buildings metal with plastic coating). Acrylic, Foam, wood etc. If you product could work on these substrates evan if it is only on the printed area you would be a big player in the industry.

The Eco component will help to sell to anyone with government contracts.

Tell me more I want more. When to buy? when do expect distribution?

Thank's, Guru for support :)
As I told you before, we start this product for one of customers, who now didn't work at all (crisis). The goal was create primer for glass and all tests were on glass. After we start offer this product to other users of UV printers and they have tested primer on ceramic tiles, laminated wood, PVC. Also one customer is printing with primer on Dibond/Alucobond.
Very interesting situation I see. One customer need primer ONLY for glass/ceramics, but his printer work well on laminated wood without primer. Another need for glass, ceramic tiles and laminated wood. Third use our primer even for prints on PVC. As I understood true - this is the problem of printer-ink set?

As we have whole technological process for manufacturing reasonable quantities of primer, but now do not have reasonable sales, we decide start sales direct using our friends company. So more information about primer is here Consumables for UV-printing | LITOGRAFA : GLOBAL VIEW - LOCAL TOUCH
We have very good responce from UV printer's owners but main problem now is dealer network. Looks like price of 96 Euro for 1 liter is Ok for customers, BUT when we plus commision for currency exchange for non-Euro countries, strong Euro exchange rate, international payment comission to Lithuanian bank, delivery cost - price don't look attractive.
So we need dealerk network which will decrease additional costs. Now working on it.

Also problem is for me that I can not very carefully compare our primer with competitors. Here I just briefly describe our advantages:

1) Single component - easy to use.
2) Universal - one primer for glass, ceramic tiles, laminate.
3) Do not affect non printed areas - better quality.
4) Forgive some mistakes during application process - less broken materials.
5) Cheaper - save on cost.
6) Economical - you can cover up to 40 sq.m. with one liter.

For today NOT POSSIBLE REMOVE printed image from surface if you use our primer. We are working on creating special remover which will be available from May, I hope.
So everyone, place orders immediately :)
Nice weekend to everyone - spring at least come to Lithuania :)

Last edited:
I will pass the information onto our local suppliers in this region Asia pacific. I deal with international suppliers.
I am a teacher of printing so I deal with a variety of print companies. I will let you know on this forum what some of there responses are.

You might want to get involved with Seal (provide laminates and machinery) or evan try and get into UV manufactures such as vutek, Durst, HP etc But im sure you have already thought of it.

Thank's Guru! When you will be in Lithuania - beer is my :)
We are trying work with manufacturers but it's not easy find RIGHT person in company.

UV primer for glass

UV primer for glass

We would like to purchase your primer to test for our glass printing production. Please advise how we can purchase for USA. thx.

Chili

Chili

Hi! Where we can get or purchase your primer to test with our production machines. We are precisely looking for some pretreatment that helps to preserve uv ink on rigid materials suchs as glass, ceramics, acrylic and melamine for much more time.
Thanks in advance four your attention. ;)

Hello, I would also like to try your primer at our facility. Where can we get a sample? Is it available in the States yet?

primer test

primer test

Hello

I'd like to get a small qty (2-3 deciliters) of your primer for test purposes. I am planning to try this primer with Rastek T660 and Teckwin TeckStorm and several other UV printers.
Currently we have two customers from building industry which want to start printing on glass in near future. If the test is successful we can make business.

BR,

P.

Don`t make busines whith litografa uab

Don`t make busines whith litografa uab

Hello , I am from Romania and i have problems with UAB LITOGRAFA . Don`t trust them and don`t send them money because you lose the money .
In february 2010 i send them 3900 euro to buy an engraver for marble and they want 100% paymet after i receve performa bill i pay by bank transfer and i supose tu get my machine in 3 weeks but ather 3 weeks they start to lie me that they don`t finish the machine and i have to wait another 3-4 weeks, and i accepted , then they don`t answer the phone or mails . I sent them a letter to cancel the command and to sent me back my money but they don`t send my money back .
SO BE CAREFUL WITH LITOGRAFA

Primer and Varnish enquiry

Primer and Varnish enquiry

Hi there,
I am currently testing a Acylic based product also developed for Furniture companies. I am developing a system to print on glass for Kitchen and Bathroom splash backs. The product adhere to glass excellent, but is not helping in terms of a varnish. I am seeking a product that can protect the printing ink from a Soluble based paint as well as Epoxy based paint. I plan to use Automotive paints to offer greater backing colour options. Also existing splash back companies here in New Zealand use a epoxy based paint as backing paint. I wish to offer images printed on the glass with a spot White over flood mask. Then spray paint a silver backing colour over the ink. I am testing on a HP Scitex FB 700 UV printer. Bear in mind this is done on the reverse side of the glass.
Have you tested any soluble based paints on top of the varnish yet? If you are confident your product can work. I am all ears. Also if it can handle chloride in swimming pools on Ceramic tiles it will open up another market.
Regarding pricing I am paying for the Water bourne acylic paint, US$ 55.00 per Gallon. It cost me US$ 350 to land test samples in New Zealand and a further 200.00 towards custom duty. This is already insane pricing and pushes me out of the market.
You may have to consider cheaper pricing. Also remember China have similar products already available at a fraction of the price. If only they could speak English. No offense.
Let me know if your products are up for the task. Thanx, Leon.

To print on glass with UV inks, you need a primer that will aid ink adhesion. There are two types of primer in general. A two component primer and a 1 component primer. The two component primer is ideal for high volume printing. The one component primer is a wipe on primer. Boston's Natron G1 UV Primer for glass and tiles and tiles works very well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back