Value of an Epson 10600 that doesn't work

Whitaker

We have an Epson 10600 that has sat on the floor, in our way, for about a year now. It needs service (not too sure of the exact problem, but I think the print heads need to be changed), service on one of these machines is not cheap, and we have an Epson 9800 that we bought to replace the 10600.

Here is the question: should we trash it, or do you think there is any value for it? I'm leaning towards just scavenging parts out of it and trashing it. What do you think?

Thanks, Mike

Hi Mike

If you can plug it in and print off the status report of the parts in the machine, I could be able to give you an idea of its value. Frankly it is probably worth more to you if you wanted to buy an Epson 9880, as it would qualify you for a discount of £500 off the RRP from a friendly and knowledgeable reseller/warranty provider like my company, Fastek.

Best wishes

Barry

Epson 10600

Epson 10600

It depends on how much you want to spend for a new printer and how much you need this printer. We had the printheads replaced on ours and it lasted for another 1-2 years but it did cost about $2500.
The wider gamut of newer printers make them more appealing though. Such as the Epson 9900 or the HPZ3200.

We buy the odd 10600 for about US$450 to $US1100 and thenh buy genuine set of heads off web from reputable Hong Kong dealers at approx US$600. Easy fix

To Donny

To Donny

Was back in 2008 that I dealt with replacing print heads on Epson 10600 but service company I dealt with was Decision One. Sorry but I don't have a contact number. Good Luck!:)

I'd avoid Fastek like the plague. They charged £906 for replacing a printhead on a 7600 when it didn't need replacing. The problem was they hadn't fitted the dampers properly after an earlier maintenance kit which caused leakage.

After they fitted the new printhead at this enormous cost, there was still leakage of cyan ink. I got another maintenance engineer in and the matter was fixed very quickly and cheaply. Fastek were not forthcoming when any sort of re-imbursment was discussed. The maintenance kit and printhead came to over £1200 and they hadn't fixed the problem.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back