Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saepio

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Name)

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

pcmodem

Registered Users
I know there a several Variable Data Server Packages out there. XMPie, Printable, PageFlex, PrintShop Web, Printer Site Exchange, PageDNA, iWay, Saepio, etc.

I would like to hear from the users out there. If you are not using a Variable Data Server and you had to choose. Which one would you and why?

For those of you currently using a Variable Data Server. Which one are you using? What do you like and dislike? Would you make the same choice again? If not, what software would you choose?

You can use it for ordering online, large quantity of variable data pages, Personalized URL's (PURL's)

I us Indesign but would like to try printshop mail. Indesign seems to choke when the art file is too large and much variable is required. If anyone knows a way around Indesign creating art for each variable page I'd sure be interested in knowing.

XMPie is a plugin for InDesign (or InDesign Server), which allows you benefit both InDesign de facto standard (for the document designing part), and a very powerful composition engine (you do *not* print through InDesign File > Print; you do *not* generate a 50000-page temporary InDesign file when there are 50000 recipients; you *do* generate the usual VDP-oriented print streams such as optimized PDF, optimized PostScript, VPS, VDX, PPML, VIPP). All this being driven using conditional rules (dynamic style change, dynamic layer selection, variable images, dynamic charts, etc.), compliant with mostly every database types (Excel, Access, MySQL, SQL Server, XML, ODBC, etc.). Image personalization through Photoshop and/or Illustrator templates. The server can also drive cross media campaigns (print, email, SMS, personalized web pages, etc.), offers a Web2Print/Web2Email portal and an API for developers.

I us Indesign but would like to try printshop mail. Indesign seems to choke when the art file is too large and much variable is required. If anyone knows a way around Indesign creating art for each variable page I'd sure be interested in knowing.

I hope you don't mind the posting, but you did ask to post "Other" solutions.

RSA's WebCRD Dynamics actually includes Printable's FusionPro Server, and allows for 100% Automated Variable Data Production. So the end user selects a prefined template and provides the user data. The job is composed in real-time, approved by the user, and, based on business rules, can even AutoFlow to a production printer, without an operator... as long as there is paper in the printer!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back