VDP usage

VDP usage

• I don’t use VDP and don’t intend to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t use VDP but I intend to start using it within the next year.

• We have the capability to use VDP but rarely find a market for it.

• We have VDP capability but it is too much of a hassle.

• We use VDP several times a week.

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • A majority of out work is VDP.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • We have invested heavily into VDP and it is a major source of revenue.

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

random

It's rare in my location for my customer to be using VDP. I was watching a video the other day that had a Konica drum beater saying a client prints 100,000 prints in a 8 hour shift VDP run. This really blew me away and I just wonderd how much VDP has had an effect on your business.

We use it several times a week, but I will say that in my neck of the woods there is more blow than go. Most customers don't care about VDP, unless you get an younger more "techy" person or a specific market.

I think most people in the printing business are scared of getting into VDP. it can be very simple, but it can be very complicated. there's some expertise needed to succesfully get into this market; and like anything else, it's sometimes scary to get into something new.

by the way, VDP is not just putting names and addresses in postcards, is much more than that, all the way up to cross marketing media.

VDP applications are very high profitable, no doubt about that. companies that are really doing VDP can afford an iGen with very small print volumes, because the profits are huge.

I'm curious to see the results of this poll after a few dozen replies.

Most any product launch requires direct mail, and it is always better response wize to 'make it personal' - when you add that cross media bit - that is, include a PURL on the mailer, now you are in that 2.3 % response rate - we find (in general) that if you spend a dollar, you will get 18 dollars back in sales (with the right offer)

I happen to use www,magicomm.biz as the service provider for projects, but that is mostly because Rick Littrell is my old pal from my days at AGFA and he puts up with me.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back