VERSANT 2100 - STREAKING ISSUES

jcousins

Hello all,

I have been dealing with streak marks on all of our print material. I have tried multiple maintenance routines and the streaks have yet to disappear. Has anyone else dealt with something like this and found a solution? I've attached pictures below. The streaks are only noticeable/prominent in the magenta....

Attachments

• 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    16.2 KB · Views: 150
What maintenance routines did you try? Looks like a dirty RoS window or worn transfer belt that needs to be changed.

I ran the "clean toner" routine, clean fuser assembly, full width array and uniformity adjustments. I've cleaned the ROS windows, but I haven't checked the transfer belt...

Results from density uniformity adjustment routine

Attachments

• 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    18.5 KB · Views: 129
The drums have been switched and swapped out, yet the streak still shows up in magenta. I will replace the transfer belt and see if that corrects the issue.

If its only in magenta I don't think it can be the transfer belt. If Windows are clean and drum swap doesn't work I'd say its crap stuck in the developer housing.

Looks like a Corotron/charging wire issue to me.
V2100 do not have corotrons. Most likely something stuck in the developer housing. Take out the magenta drum and look at the developer roll. You will probably see a streak on it. Pop off the cover and turn the roll and you should see where it is. Push a piece of cover paper back through the roll and see if it some goober shows up on the paper. If not turn roll again and see if it is still there. If you see the streak tear a piece of paper into a hook and go in beside the streak and pull it towards the inboard or outboard side and then pull the paper out to your left and see if you find the goober. Turn the developer roll and check it again. Make sure you clean the seals good on the developer cover and housing cover before you snap it back in place.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back