Vocabulary/dictionary

janezl

Hello,
many visitors of this great forum come from areas, where english is not mother language (including me). Sometimes is hard to follow some threads, where a lot of abbreviations (SID, TVI, TAC, G7, ISO, ....) are used and hard to decrypt to unexperienced user.
On top of that, we deal with many expressions, that can mean same or very similar, but can be understood wrong (dot gain, tone value increase....)

Would it be bold idea to standardize our vocabulary?

Cory, is there technical possibility to make some kind of alfabetical listing of words/abbreviations with its explanations?

Regards,

Janez

Good thought. At one point we were looking in somehow incorporating the content over at PrintWiki.org into PrintPlanet to provide such a resource.

Ran into some technical difficulties but maybe could revisit it.

The great thing about PrintWiki is anyone can contribute to it.
Title Index - PrintWiki

Hello,
many visitors of this great forum come from areas, where english is not mother language (including me).
Me too...

(and for these people, showing their country in their profile could be a great help for the others...)

Cory, is there technical possibility to make some kind of alfabetical listing of words/abbreviations with its explanations?
Yes, it would be a great idea...

... and a translation in most common languages could also be very useful (I can do some translations in french)

Me too...

(and for these people, showing their country in their profile could be a great help for the others...)

Yes, it would be a great idea...

... and a translation in most common languages could also be very useful (I can do some translations in french)

That would be nice, I can do german :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back