W2P - Print MIS / Print Management?

Drum

Hello,
I am evaluating W2P and workflow systems for our small shop. Our business is about 1/2 digital production and 1/2 brokered work.
We have utilized Printer Presence for 2 - 3 years but we wish to move to a solution that integrates into our web presence instead of the other way around (we also have a thriving website design/development business).
We are interested in increasing employee productivity and also establishing a state of the art web presence for existing customers and corporate prospects. We are not interested in low order value internet sales, particularly outside our sales region.
Naturally, as a small shop we have to watch our pennies but we also wish to make a wise investment that will keep us in the forefront of web and workflow technology for many years.
The industry appears to be in flux and some of the companies I attempted to contact have not returned my calls or emails, including some mentioned in this forum. Obviously, it is important to work with a company that is financially viable.
Despite industry efforts, there is not a good comparison tool.
I have been in contact, and worked through a demo, of a UK company that markets compatible products: Print MIS and Print Management. I liked what I saw and their pricing is workable, particularly for a staged implementation. Has anyone had any experience with this company? If so, I would appreciate feedback and advice.
Otherwise, if anyone here has alternate suggestions/ideas (no company reps please) I would appreciate it. There really should be a better way to do this!
Thanks.

Drum,
Agreed - short and sweet, I really like the products offered by Avanti Systems. Of course, we utilize a primarily Xerox solution and Avanti is a partner with Xerox. But even so, they have always been my favorite app. We recently sat through a demo of what Kodak (InSite) has to offer and while it is quite powerful, it didn't really match what we are looking for.

Thanks for the suggestion

Thanks for the suggestion

Hello Rob,
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check out Avanti.

Hello Drum,

I do work for a vendor of a Web to Print solution (Printable Technologies) but thought this non-vendor-specific information might be useful.

InfoTrends has a report called "The Ultimate Guide to Web-to-Print Solutions" that has a run-down of a number of solutions on the market. If interested, you can find this report here:

The Ultimate Guide to Web-to-Print Solutions

Hope this helps.

--Mark Hilger

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back