WARNING! Microsoft does not quality test their disks!

Lukas Engqvist

Have been fighting to install MS office small business for a couple of weeks, even bought the backup disks but disk two (SBCM) asks for insatall on disk one. Inserting disk one says install is unavailable. Microsoft says they don't support OEM installs, but how can they claim that an error in putting the correct files depends on anyone but themselves. This is totaly disgracefull behaviour from any software company!:mad:
Is there anyone who knows of any person at Microsoft that is not so stuckup that they think they have amnesty when regards to common sense?

Sorry to turn to this forum, but I do not know where else to turn as Microsoft have gone deaf!

I wish you luck..I ran into licensing problems when trying to upgrade from XP to vista..it was a really frustrating process.

Have been fighting to install MS office small business for a couple of weeks, even bought the backup disks but disk two (SBCM) asks for insatall on disk one. Inserting disk one says install is unavailable. Microsoft says they don't support OEM installs, but how can they claim that an error in putting the correct files depends on anyone but themselves. This is totaly disgracefull behaviour from any software company!:mad:
Is there anyone who knows of any person at Microsoft that is not so stuckup that they think they have amnesty when regards to common sense?

Sorry to turn to this forum, but I do not know where else to turn as Microsoft have gone deaf!

I agree that MS is a PITA & we're now putting OpenOffice on new computers for internal use & no-one seems to have a problem so far. Before switching, we ended up buying the Microsoft OPK Master Installation (preinstall) discs last year, can't remember why (I expect someone didn't want a Dell!), but they were pretty cheap and were capable of installing all OEM versions of Office. You just then need the license key to enable your SB edition. So, my suggestion - borrow a working copy of the OPK Master Installation disk set and then just use your licence key to enable. Or better still, switch to OpenOffice :)

Seems it was an OS issue. Resetting the system from scratch and install woked fine…Â*well still a bit upsett because the OS is from the same manufacturer, possibly a different department, but from the error message how was I to know?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back