Web based design programs

cccarmody

My boss has decided she wants to have customers be able to design business cards, letterhead, banners and more on our company website. Being a prepress worker and not a web designer, I have no idea where to start with this project. I guess the first thing I need is a browser based design program that I can edit to fit my needs. Does anybody have any suggestions on a program I can use?

There are Lots of Solutions to Choose From

There are Lots of Solutions to Choose From

I just wrapped up my research on this very topic last year. We needed a solution that was simple to use for both customers and my team alike. I was looking for an all-in-one solution and ended up looking through the following companies.

FORIX PrintBridge
EFI Digital Storefront
Websites for Printers
Printer Presence
PageFlex
Four51
Press-Sense.com

I won’t go into the pros and cons of each because I’m sure your needs are going to be a bit different than mine. I will tell you that I ended up going with PrintBridge (www.forixprintbridge.com) because it was the best fit for my business model and it was very affordable.

Your boss is right to go the route of online editable designs. If you can make it easy for your customers, it sure saves you and your customers lot of back-and-forth. It also makes things easier for you in prepress, because you are not bogged down with fixes to design integrity or PDF edits.

Best of luck to you on your hunt!

-Jim

Hi!
If you wish, you can have a look at our services. We are scheduled for Commercial Launch in 3rd Quarter of this year Would appreciate your inputs. We want to built a solution which is by the printers for the printers :)

Send me a Personal Message for a No Obligation Demo.

I dont plan to market services here, so please dont consider this as spam

Regards
Pranav
Brandkore - Print Shop Solutions

Web to Print Solutions

Web to Print Solutions

Web to Print solutions are as individual to the user as their own particular needs. The good folks at Press-sense offer an end-to-end automated solution (in both an ASP and an in-house installed solution) that not only boasts over 2000 users worldwide, but incorporates the field expereince of more than 7 years. This is why Xerox, Presstek, IBM InfoTrends, Oce, and HP (to mention but a few) all incorporate Press-sense iWay into their workflow offerings.

The long and the short of it is that all users are going to find new applications for any W2P solution, but what's frustrating is installing an inferior or limited solution, only to find out you need so much more. The future, and the present, is both business and production automation. No one should limit their search to any one offering, but check out Press-sense iWay 5.0 before making a decision (www.press-sense.com).

I am based in the UK, I would be interested if anyone else in the UK has gone down this route and what application they have used. As most systems seem to be US based. I usually fell happier meeting a rep over here face to face.

Thanks

AjR

My biased opinion: there are many choices, which is a blessing and a curse. Decide what business you're in first. James.Costen mentioned Four51. Four51 has more than 1 million users and half the Fortune 500 on its e-commerce platform. The variable rendering engine is Pageflex. If you're selling to large, distributed organizations that require integration with systems like SAP and Ariba, have complex purchasing rules, demand PCI compliance, etc., then you should consider Four51.

Gluon

Gluon

My boss has decided she wants to have customers be able to design business cards, letterhead, banners and more on our company website. Being a prepress worker and not a web designer, I have no idea where to start with this project. I guess the first thing I need is a browser based design program that I can edit to fit my needs. Does anybody have any suggestions on a program I can use?

Please don't forget to check out the GLUON HyperPublishing System! It'll do what you need - GLUON: Advanced Publishing Solutions for the Enterprise and the Desktop

Best,
Craig Caserto

Please add TribalSketch to your list to check.

TribalSketch is sold on a - You Host It, You Own It model and is very affordable! There are options of a powerful Flash based online design tool, print ready PDF creation, live action FlipProof, database driven site, ecommerce and much more.

Please feel free to contact me directly.

David Lewis 847-202-8424

We offer Web 2 Print Software for Business Cards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We offer a complete business card solution.

Just to name a few of the features we offer:
~Web-to-Print software for Your website...Free use! No set up fee, No monthly Fee!
~Print Yourself or With Us!
~Over 25,000+ image templetes available
~Upload feature
~Additional rights to images for your core products
~Book of templetes for in store use for your customers
~Drop ship business cards with your personalized labels w/ your logo to your customer (upon request) ... free service.

The Print Yourself option is delivered in a PDF file via email for you to print in-house or by your favorite printer.

The only cost you will incur is the price of the PDF file, or business cards, or additional rights to our images, or catalog of 1500+ templates for in store use for your customers.

Wholesale prices. For resale to your customers.

Visit our website for more information: Easy Card Designer Book

Hope this helps! Have a great night! ~Brittany

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back