Web Fan Out, Plate Moves

cowboytoddroe

Does anyone here know a proven method to reduce the amount of plate moves we have to make. I work on a Metro press and we are constantly having to make plate moves based on the fact, if the section of web is barred or straight down or if it runs to the balloon or not. We try pre-moves trying to predict based on past experience, but even those are hit and miss. Is this just the nature of the BEAST or are there steps we could take to correct this. It appears to me that most of the time the blue and red line up with each other fine, but the black and yellow line up to each other, but not to the blue and red. Our print order is Cyan Magenta Yellow and Black. Plate moves are time consuming and a royal pain. If noone can come up with a solution here, maybe you could tell me the most effective way you move your plates. The old timers tell me, when the press was new, they never had to move plates. I have been there 5yrs but printing for 20 and never had to move plates before I came here and I suck at it. lol

Have you tried web growth software? Have you tried scaling (distorting) the separations in the RIP before plate imaging to compensate? BTW the most common ink sequence for newspaper is YCMK.

Used to wipe cylinder put piece of masking tape out from.plate distance I want to move ,then move plate

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back