what a snow storm

Here in New Hampshire we've been getting two storms a week since Christmas. We closed yesterday because people are just sick of it........ driving into work in the snow....cleaning off our cars in the parking lot.....driving home in the snow......coming home to a driveway full of snow.......It's the first time in the 25 years I've been here that we've closed for snow. It's the first snowday I've taken since the blizzard of '78.

I hope the pattern changes soon. We're running out of room to put the snow.

We had a half inch of ice here in Columbus early evening on Tuesday, but it was all melted by Wednesday morning when I got up at 5:30. We lost power for about 16 hours at home, but the folks at AEP got us back up and running. I think we got off really easy. I consider us lucky.

they say we had 18 inches of snow. but the problem was really the drifting. county roads are finally open. quite a few state roads have areas of 1 lane road. I will take some pix tomorrow when I head out of town

Storm

Storm

Management closed my plant for 24 hours. I was supposed to work 12 of that and had actually rented a hotel room so I would be able to work. I ended up getting a 2.5 hour nap before getting the word bout the shut-down and headed on home for the joy of clearing the drive and sidewalk with the snowblower. If these large storms become more common, I'm going to have to upgrade from a 5HP blower to an 8 or a 10HP model. The 5HP got the job done, but it was very slow going.

5hp is good for 4- 8 inches. I have a little 2 cycle. good for less than 4 inches. luckily I have an old plow. I just plowed the whole front yard into a pile.

On a side note, I went delivering today no pix,but not nearly as bad as 1978. yes nice drifts occasionally, but no tunnels or chanels. I now feel like a dope for not opening by noon.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back