What is Faster Canon ipf8300 or HP Z series ? ?

impresslb

Just wondering if anyone has tried to compare the speeds (production speed, not the fastest speed) of the Canon ipf 8300 as compared to the HP Z series. Or even to the HP Designjet 5500 ?

No Brochure at all from Canon seems to discuss the speed in any way ?

Thanks

Fadi Rebeiz

8 or 12 colour?
The speed will also depend on coverage. I have not seen anything relating to, (I assume) sq ft per min

Don't know about the HP, but Canon should be able to print at 37 m2/hour in production mode.

Generally speaking Canon has always been faster than HP.

If speed is the main requirement the iPF8300s 8 colour is worth looking at. The quality for the vast majority of photo work will look very similar. Many quick printers that do photo work ad point of sale etc etc will have the S series Canon's for speed. Get some sample files on both devices. Either Canon will be significantly faster than the HP.

Hi,

I am using Canon ipf8300. It provides faster processing for large files. Built for ultra high quality imaging and exceptional performance, the imagePROGRAF iPF8300 44" large format printer is equipped with an array of professional features. The re-formulated 12-color LUCIA pigment ink system increases the achievable color gamut by approximately 20% from the previous imagePROGRAF 12-color series, enabling over 90% coverage of PANTONE colors. A large 80GB hard drive, sub-ink tank system, Gigabit Ethernet support and Accounting Manager feature make this a premier solution for the fine art, photography and proofing market.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back