What size blankets does everyone run on a DGM 430 or Goss Community Unit.

Blanket dimensions we use are 24.69 X 35.

We run Day 9500 3Ply Compressible.

We are having problems with blankets torqing down tight to cylinder. We torque them to 35lbs but you can still feel a bubble underneath blanket unless you take it down a few more turns with a T Handle which you shouldn't have to. Paper packing gets wet pre-maturely because of this I believe.

Anyone else experience this?

Thx

Goss Press Blankets

Goss Press Blankets

Hello Steve,

First - Don't use Paper Packings, Second - explain the exact procedure in (Steps) how you and the crew

mount the Blankets on the cylinders ?

Regards, Alois

Hey Alois, I don't have the time to type out exact procedure and I know we are doing it correctly, this is a new problem.

I was always told not to use paper packing with a compressible blanket.
Been running these presses for 15 years and have never used mylar under the blankets, only under the plates.

mmmm !

mmmm !

Hello Steve,

IF as you say you ARE doing everything correctly - Why are you having a problem ????

Oh, I have some experience of printing on Web Offset Presses from 1965.

Regards, Alois

Hey Alois, no disrespect intended. Just looking for some info on blanket sizes from others in the business, that's all my friend

Hello Steve,

Thank you, BUT the question you posed - from my reading of the "Q" related to blanket mounting ??

not the size.

Regards, Alois

Basically inch Blanket around cylinder. Start at one end and get each of the 6 bolts started. Once all bolts are started go back to middle and torque down to 35lbs, again starting in middle and working your way out to end. We never crack the torque wrench on the very end bolts, slightly less than others. Then we inch press around approx 15 times with impressions up and re-torque

Goss Press Blankets

Goss Press Blankets

Hello Steve,

Good, that your practices are correct, are the the Blanket Lockups on the Goss still a T -Bar system ?

Regards, Alois

Attachments

• T bar  Blanket Lock Up006.jpg
    T bar Blanket Lock Up006.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 390
Did you measure a blanket to make sure they cut and barred them to the correct length? I had this happen once to us

Paper packing all I used on web,some guys use to put a strip of grease along blanket edge to prevent water from getting under blanket,I don't no how effect it was but?each to there own I guess

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back