What software drives your Kongsberg Cutting Table?

Stephen Marsh

Why would a copy of Artios or perhaps some other unknown DFE controlling/driving an Esko Kongsberg cutting table not be able to import/use/plot a standard .CF2 (CFF2) CAD file? Does such a setup only work with or require proprietary Esko file plotting formats such as .ACM?

Stephen Marsh

The software which drives Konsberg tables is called X(n)-Guide. (N) is variable and it relates what exact Konsberg table it drives: L is XL-Guide and it drives Kongsberg XL series tables, E is XE-Guide and it drives Kongsberg XE series tables and so on.

The X(n)-Guide works only with their proprietary format .acm (if I remember everything right but I can ask for this somebody of my clients). Thats why with every Kongsberg table comes ArtiosCAD Advantage pack (very basic ArtiosCAD functionality just to open files in some popular fornats and makes output to .acm format).

Hope this helped you)

Response from Esko, the vendor of Kongsberg tables:
Kongsberg tables used to come with X(n)-Guide as described. Included file formats are ACM and HPGL. By installing AdvantageCAD or ArtiosCAD, also from Esko, X-Guide utilize a library enabling DXF,CF2, DDES and ARD.
Already in 2006 Kongsberg tables were also available with the i-cut Vision Pro user interface, normally used in the Sign & Display industry. This interface also support formats used in graphics industry, like PDF. In 2014 these two user interfaces were combined into one, called i-cut Production Console. i-cut Production Console supports fomats like ACM, DXF, CF2, PDF, ARD and i-script. More information can be found at i-cut Production Console - Esko

Reidar Evju

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back