What to say to contact person about GBC punch not working properly..

CBSprinter

Hey guys,

I'm new to being the manager here at a in-house print shop. I'm wondering if you guys can help me setup an email to send to my contact person when it comes to service.

I have an OCE 4120 with the GBC in-line punch unit and it has been given up jam codes for 1.5 months now. The service tech has taken all the necessary steps(OCE recommended steps) to fixing the issue. Now he has advised me to email "my guy" on replacing it with a new one. Any help with the email is greatly appreciated!

Send an email that states for the last 6 weeks, you have been working constantly with service on the issue(tell him to review the notes), without raising any flags to him to let them resolve the situation. Then explain the time has come for him to step up and replace the part for you because of the amount of time invested by you already. Give him 2 days to get back with the answer, if that doesnt work, call the head of service and get loud!

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that OCE can not resolve a simple punch issue?
Have you asked the "tech" to escalate the issue?
They must have some sort of "procedure" for complaints.
If your service provider can't fix your "problem" why deal with them.
Instead of putting in the effort to be technically competent....are they going to try to sell you out of the problem?

I have contacted my salesman and if issue can't be fixed, they will replace the punch unit. First thing though, the problem has been taken all the way to the head of OCE and a conference call will be issued. Lets hope they can figure this out. Thanks!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back