What version Apogee are you using?

I'm in the same situation, upgraded to version 4 last May and I'm very happy with it. Wonder what's new with version 5.

We recently upgraded from v3.5 to v5 (Apogee PrePress-new name). They never got around to us to get us to v4. Is is virtually the same, there is a color scheme change (I like the contrasting colors of v3.5 better), they have added in a PDF Renderer, and it is faster (that might just be the upgraded RAM we added to the system). There is very little change to the system that we can tell. The install was smooth, but it did take all day, with backups, a ghost of the old system, install and a final ghost. Our old jobs have imported in and seem to work fine. We haven't had any real issues, other than one job that came in as a PDF from the client had one of the PDF page boxes at a different size than the crop size. We have an action to change all boxes to crop size, but this job went through using the smaller size. We are now running the action on all PDFs before they reach Apogee PrePress.

mtnman

mtnman

We're running ApogeeX 4 but I was reading that in AX5 (PrePress) that Plate Versioning is now included and not an extra. We currently use Printdrive and double burn for different language/currency versions. Would like to know if any one has been using the plate versioning in ApogeeX and how it has been working, good/bad?

We now have AX5, we used versioning since AX4, and had printdrive before that.
Versioning is a bit tricky to understand. But once you get the hang of it it is cool, havent done much versioning since AX5. in 4 it was a pain rerendering all versions if you needed to rerender a plate.
Also to CIP files have to be set to create after rendering or you may end up having to rerender again and again.
Uppgrade went fine, all except that I have to turn CM off on impproofer (SH24 360) or 100% black prints 100% cyan, suspecting corruption in profile link exceptions.
Have had problems getting ColorTune5 working on my Mac (running parallels since CT stopped working on Mac)

never used 4. only 3.5, and now 5. has lots of bugs to repair, updates come almoust weekly. Unfortunatly i have a light version of 5. the prepress manager stripped to the bones, no other cool stuff. overall it looks a bit better but has viewing bugs, delay bugs, some communication bugs (i work on win2000sp3 server and xp pro sp2 workstation)

We have just upgraded to Apogee Prepress 5... i must say im sure the new colour scheme renders my jobs a lot quicker lol!!! No honestly, we went up from version 4, our tech said there was really no difference, just some coding under the hood. It seems pretty much the same to me... Cheers, Tony

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back