where and what printer to buy.

sanch_

Hi everyone,

I am still seeking to buy a printer, I considered the xerox phaser 7800 series but the reviews says it has bad firmware as it exhibits some level of odd behaviour. I want to know if I should go ahead with it or is there any other close to the quality it prints? The print proofs I got are quite excellent for my ad agency printing proofs and short run flier jobs.

Also, where can I buy the xerox docucolor 240/242 used/ refurbished? In very good conditionam and also what is the price range?

Thank you for your time and responses. I hope to find the answers I am looking for.

I am currently in lagos Nigeria. I just checked the printer. What makes it better than the docucolor 240/242? Because the konica has a print resolution of 600 x 600 dpi, while the docucolor is 2400 x 2400 dpi. Enlighten me please.

I can't help you in Nigeria.

I'm not too smart with the technicalities, but I do know that the xerox is older technology. I also know that dpi is not the only thing to consider, someone else can explain it better.

The konica uses newer toner that doesn't look shiny when printed, it looks closer to offset printing, while the xerox can be very shiny.

Most will also say that these machines shouldn't be compared, the xerox is a copier, while the 6501 is an entry level digital press with a lot more options available to you.

Ok. Thanks for the explanation. I am in this world, my location shouldn't be an issue. If I am ok with the price. I can make arrangements to come pick it up. Made such arrangement with a UK company I bought gadgets from last year. I need a printer for my business.

ok, well you can contact this guy.

Justin Drake
Office #(206) 575-9710

He is in Seattle, the company he works for sells Canon, Konica/Minolta, Toshiba and HP. I'm not sure what they have for used machines, but he might be a good place to start.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back