Where is FujiFilm in the workflow forums listing ?? No XMF ? No CelebraNT ?

matmac

Are there any users currently running FujiFilm's CelebraNT ?

I'm a little surprised to find that is doesn't even qualify for a forum @ print planet.

I've recently moved from a commercial printer running AGFA's Apogee X to a commercial printer running fujifilms celebraNT workflow, and would be keen to connect with other celebraNT users.

This said, the American Fuji Film site (http://www.fujifilmgs.com) promotes Rampage and Truflow (screen) workflows , whereas the UK based site (http://www.ffie.co.uk) Fuji Film Electronic Imaging promotes CelebraNT and XMF workflows. The Australian Fuji Film website (http://www.fujifilm.com.au) promotes only the celebraNT workflow. Ie. The workflow for a Fuji Film CTP device appears to be region specific.

Warm Regards,

Matt.

CelebraNT v6.1
Windows 2003 Server
Luxel V8 CTP

Re: Where is FujiFilm in the workflow forums listing ?? No XMF ? No Celebra

this is the first request for a fuji related forum. If there are more we can sure add one. I think the majority of fuji customers are running trueflow or rampage.

Hi Cory,

That would be great. Maybe "CelebraNT / XMF"

CelebraNT is an older Adobe PS based workflow. XMF is a newer APPE based workflow. I'm aware of a number of installs here in Melbourne (Australia) and suspect that there are 100's worldwide (hopefully). One other user queried the availability of an "XMF" forum. (http://printplanet.com/discuss/click.jspa?searchID=35636&messageID=10089) If there is no activity or interest the category could be deleted.

Thanks in Advance.

Matt.

Please add XMF/Celebrant forum

Please add XMF/Celebrant forum

Maybe there is no activity on this subject as there is no forum listed for this product. I have used both recently upgraded to XMF using APPE core. Would be good to touch base with others if they are out there.

Thanks

Malcom

XMF and CelebraNT!

XMF and CelebraNT!

Hi

I think we need both. One listing för XMF and one for CelebraNT. This is because CelebraNT is not developed anymore and XMF is the new replacement for it.

Have been looking around here many times and not found either XMF nor CelebraNT I was thinkning we where alone using Fuji's CelebraNT. :confused:

We will get XMF installed in a couple of weeks! Will be nice to test a new and fast RIP! :)

CelebraNT

CelebraNT

We're currently using Fuji CelebraNT on FinalProof. We're a small retouching agency, so no rampage workflow here.

We're using CelebrantNT in Sydney. Overall works well/fast. However have had some problems with some, repeat some, CS3-generated PDFs. Otherwise, doesn't spit too much back. We feed it both PREPS (.ps in/out], and PDFs from DynaStrip, (mostly 1.6-compatible prints).
With the way things are heading generally right now, I can't see us moving to XMF anytime soon; so am bracing myself for CS4-generated PDFs. May be some fun.
XMF is pretty young, and have heard some anecdotal stuff regarding some "issues" with some CS3 PDFs on it as well. As I say...anecdotal only.
I think there is insufficient testing of Adobe stuff going through these "workflows" before it's unleashed on prepressies. Just my humble opinion...

XMF Workflow

XMF Workflow

We're doing a webinar on XMF tomorrow and if all goes well, are hoping to have it installed before the end of the year. We demo'd Xitron Sierra, but as we understand, XMF is more or less a newer version of Sierra. We've been told that Fuji sold Xitron the rights to Sierra, then Xitron tweaked it a little. They sure look the same with similar features. It's looking like XMF is going to come in quite a bit cheaper than Sierra though. Anyone have any experience with XMF? Again, from what I've been told, XMF has been running in Europe for well over a year. They're just starting to introduce it in the States. True? False?

Craig

Yes, please start an XMF forum

Yes, please start an XMF forum

We also start using XMF in a couple of weeks so we´d be very much interrested in get a forum running. What seems to be particularly interresting about XMF is that it attracts operations which did not previously belong in the Fujufilm camp. It´s one thing if you already run Celebra to upgrade to another Fujifilm product, but to completely change organisation and workflow system is much tougher because of the hassle and educational efforts that is required. If you look at the posts here you can see one Agfa user switching, one Brisque and we´re moving from PrintReady to XMF. And it´s a fairly new system (which was our greatest hesitation) so we do need a good forum to exchange our experinces. Hence, YES please start a forum.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back