Where to find good maps

MacDaddy

Sometimes I need to get a good map to have in a flyer for customers.
Where can you find good maps to print. Google maps and not the best.
Any Ideas?

If your doing design work, you should have the ability to draw them yourself in Illustrator. Online artwork for the most part, is not free to use for paid print jobs.

HI MacDaddy!

Do you need very accurate maps or do you just need one that could point out your location? If you do not need too much precision, you could always use online maps or online map maker. Otherwise, you design your own.

Btw,if you decide on using online mapping tools, what is your preferred viewing mode? Is it satellite, terrain, street view or traffic? Or do you prefer 3D view?

wow... I never even considered looking for already built maps. I usually just go to google, screen shot it, drop that into illustrator and then trace & label the roads that the customer wants marked. Takes about 30 minutes and they only have the landmark streets without all the side streets.

You could try Open Street Maps.
OpenStreetMap

It's free to use (with attribution) OpenStreetMap

You can export the info out as various image formats, including vector postscript data which can be opened in Illustrator or made into a PDF.

Shawn

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back