which printer goes well with aftermarket consumables ?

imola

Hello,

I like to know what kind of printer (laser) goes well with aftermarket consumables.
At the moment i'm printing with a OKI C9850 wich is rather expensive.
But i like to get a new printer to use for colorprints. And i would like to know a cheap way to print :)

Greetings,

If you mean a laser printer that you buy generic or non-original rollers, toners etc afterwards you might as well forget that idea - they don't work properly and they void your warranty and even you bought the manufacturers toner etc it costs an absolute fortune.

Whatever you get - lease it and get it with a click rate that includes a maintenance contract - which means when something goes wrong or needs replacing and it wasn't because you kicked it and broke it, the technician comes and fixes, replaces or they send new toner etc… lease it because at the end of the payment plan/period that machine will be worthless and probably at the end of its life and you won't get much for it… let the manufacturer carry that risk.

As for the machine - depends on your volumes and how busy you are. Give Konica Minolta, Xerox or Ricoh a call - see what they have - you might need a production machine - which in my opinion Ricoh seems to be leading the was as far innovation goes vs price - but thats just my opinion and experience in my country.

Then, forget the finisher unit - again, my opinion and experience, but I'll never buy a machine with a stapler, sorter, puncher, folder on it - it is extremely expensive and also not something that is re-sellable after life is over - get offline finishing equipment - if your volumes are that high or you need it.

There is no cheap way to print… unless your volumes are high enough and you can afford an offset machine - but then the initial outlay is high - bottom line - unless you printing money or some very unique items that justify they price - we will never be happy with the price of printing - especially in the digital production space.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back