While printing 4 color, cant get targets to line up ever!

hondarr9

We have a Ryobi 3304Ha and a Platestream xc poly plate setter. We have never truly been able to get all four corners of targets to line up. (Its better on smaller sheet sizes and worse on the max sheet size) I know that poly plates stretch a little but this seems extreme. Could it be blanket tension that is the real problem? We have experimented with that also, but to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Unit to unit register

Unit to unit register

Check your plate cylinder and blanket cylinder packing. This is a common cause of misregister.
Terry Langer
Failsafe Media Company, Inc.

First find the source of misregistration

First find the source of misregistration

I have a handfull of clients running 4 color process on 8mil polyplates on Ryobi 3304 presses with excellent results.
I've dealt with this same issue on several occassions.
You'll need to first find where you are loosing registration.
Is it in your platesetter? Have you checked the plates before they are put on the press to see that they do register?
To do so involves sacrificing one of the plates.
Cut the plate apart on all 4 sides so that you leave half of each registration mark in each corner.
Use that "live" portion of the plate to lay over the other three plates to see that they do or do not register.
If they don't match up get ahold of your platemaker manufacturer to figure out why.
If they register well then your issue is likely in the press.
Likely sources of press mis-registration are...
1. old or worn blankets. Blankets and or packing mis-matched.
2. worn or dirty grippers
3. Bearings
4. Uneven roller and cylinder pressures. Have you had the rollers and cylinders stripped recently?

Once you determine the source of the issue, do you have a reliable Platestream and Ryobi Technicians where you are located?

Feel free to call me if you have any questions.
Have a great day!
Kim Sakowski

KJSAKS Enterprises, Inc
ph... 702-561-5936
e-mail... [email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back