Who can repair a GBC AP2-Ultra Punch

tngcas

We bought a used GBC AP2-Ultra through wire-bids and it got damaged during transportation (rollers all melted and possible electronics damage). I don't have a source for anyone who can repair this equipment in the Pacific Northwest (Oregon/Washington area). Does anyone have a recommendation for reputable company/person who can repair these machines?

Great Western Ink has a bindery repair guy in Portland.

Alaska Printer's Supply in Anchorage AK might be able to point you in the right direction.

Compass Micro in Olympia might be able to point you in the right direction.

Was the machine exposed to fire or corrosive chemicals in transit? I'm curious as to how it would have sustained that type of damage. I'm hoping to buy an autopunch via wirebids too.

Thanks! I’ll check with them.
I’m not sure how it got damaged. It was trucked from Texas to Washington so I’m imagining that maybe it overheated in the truck? The machine looks like someone took a bunch of candles and dropped melted wax all throughout it. I can see places where the rollers used to be and several of rollers only half melted. It’s very very odd.

@tngcas that would have taken some serious heat to do the damage you have described, I would imagine the machine is beyond economical repair. Hopefully you have insurance with the freight.
As an aside, we had an original AP2 some years ago and could never get along with it. Acco fitted the Ultra upgrade assembly, however it was still prone to jamming and transferring toner onto the output via the rollers. The only thing it could do for us successfully was punch reams of plain stock. Eventually we got rid, after buying a Magnapunch 1.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back