Will Damper change help?? epson 9700

artbhai

After initial trouble, our epson 9700 worked well for 2-3 months. ie had to clean head 2-3 times a day for 8 hour run. Then too only magenta nozzles got blocked.
we use good quality sublimation ink.
last few days we get partial nozzle block after every 2-3 prints. cant sustain such wastage.
Now too, only magenta gets blocked.
After head cleaning cycle, nozzle check is fine and first print is good. trouble starts after 2-3 prints. and when nozzle check is done, it shows blockage. each time diff nozzle is blocked.

Do you think change in damper will solve the problem (even if we have to change dampers every 2-3 months is fine)

Generally what is the indication for damper change and what does it achieve?

I am facing exactly the same problem with 9700,Changed dampers and ran power cleanings,cleaned the ink lines...,exchanged the bulk ink system cartridges...opened up the whole so called "sealed ink system" known as ink bay and ran water through the needles which get inserted into the cartridges when they are loaded into the machine.The ink starvation remained an issue.Frankly there is not much one can technically tweak or troubleshoot.perhaps the only way is to blindly start replacing parts and hope to hit the problem.This is what the Epson tech's do!
As far as I can guess It is an air pocket or a blockage in the ink supply plastic boards which are installed both at the ink bay as well the head side with dampers housed in them.
as far your question is concerned damper change achieves an unrestricted and easy flow of ink as compared to used ones..it is just like changing a clogged or old fuel filter in one's car.
Do let me know if you found a solution as i am in dire need of a solution asap

I am facing exactly the same problem with 9700,Changed dampers and ran power cleanings,cleaned the ink lines...,exchanged the bulk ink system cartridges...opened up the whole so called "sealed ink system" known as ink bay and ran water through the needles which get inserted into the cartridges when they are loaded into the machine.The ink starvation remained an issue.Frankly there is not much one can technically tweak or troubleshoot.perhaps the only way is to blindly start replacing parts and hope to hit the problem.This is what the Epson tech's do!
As far as I can guess It is an air pocket or a blockage in the ink supply plastic boards which are installed both at the ink bay as well the head side with dampers housed in them.
as far your question is concerned damper change achieves an unrestricted and easy flow of ink as compared to used ones..it is just like changing a clogged or old fuel filter in one's car.
Do let me know if you found a solution as i am in dire need of a solution asap

hi
for this printer, nothing helped and finally we changed head. it works ok now. Logically it is not head problem, but our printer works. (at 720x720). For files with heavy concentration of a single color, there is still a problem but we simply shift that program to trusted 9880.

We had the same issue on our Epson 10600 the last few months we owned it. We were power cleaning once and sometimes twice a day. We told it was time to replace the heads. With the price of the heads dam near 50% of a new printer we went with a new 9890

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back