Xante Filmmaker 4 + Corel Draw issue

Metrognome

At my job I use Corel Draw to print color seperations for T-shirt vellum from vector art. When I print these seperations through our new Xante Filmmaker 4 the seperations print slightly distorted from each other, usually vertically. It is only a fraction of a centimeter, but when it goes to be screen printed, it is enough for the art not to register properly.

Is this a problem coming from Corel, or is it something with the Xante? Is there anything I can do to fine tune this issue?

Xante Contact

Xante Contact

Hello Metrognome,
If you call me and give me your contact details I will have someone in support contact you. I'm not sure how much we can help if it is a corel issue. I am confident in the knowledge and experience of our tech team. Alternatively, you can call in and directly ask for tech support.
Cheers,
Scott Reese
Xante
(251) 473-6502

You may do a simple test: export your vector art from Corel as EPS file. Place that eps file in a page layout program like Page Maker, Quarkxpress or Indesign, than send it to the Xante. So, You can verify if the problem is in Corel or in the Filmmaker.

You may do a simple test: export your vector art from Corel as EPS file. Place that eps file in a page layout program like Page Maker, Quarkxpress or Indesign, than send it to the Xante. So, You can verify if the problem is in Corel or in the Filmmaker.
I second that, as a CorelDraw user I do not run into this issue with a Platemaker 3, FYI.

At my job I use Corel Draw to print color seperations for T-shirt vellum from vector art. When I print these seperations through our new Xante Filmmaker 4 the seperations print slightly distorted from each other, usually vertically. It is only a fraction of a centimeter, but when it goes to be screen printed, it is enough for the art not to register properly.

Is this a problem coming from Corel, or is it something with the Xante? Is there anything I can do to fine tune this issue?
It could be your Fusser, do you know any one who trying to sell a Film Maker Printer, if so have them call me 604-859-5250 It's the only printer I have ever used & I am in the market for one.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back