Xante Ilumina 502 dilemma

RRRadtke

So, should it be a boat anchor? I have a xante 502 that has functioned correctly once in a while, but have a constant battle with drums that do not cover side to side. Advertised as being able to do 12 wide, I am lucky to get 8.5 wide. The machine was bought new, and has never really run right, calls to xante usually end up making me more frustrated, as all they want to do is connect to the machine, but I have heard so many horror stories on what their tech software updates do to these machines that I am scared to let them.
I have had to replace the magenta drum 3 times in less than 3 months with a total page count of just over 2000 in that time frame, the black twice. For a $10,000 dollar machine advertised to be trouble free and low in cost per unit, I believe they got wires crossed and meant the trouble free part was if you used it as a boat anchor.....

Not sure why this machine is selling so well. It's really nothing more than an Oki-data color laser with an adjustable servo-style feeder that lines up with the manual bypass feeding tray and an optional conveyer (again adjustable height) for form exit. You could buy the 3 components and put them together yourself for less than half the price.

If you are having color print problems that Xante can't solve, I'd find out who services Oki-data printers in your area and call them. After all, they are the OEM of the printer and are probably far more qualified for fixing problems on it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back