Xante Impressia Enterprise Feeder speed ...

impodave

Greetings.

Has anyone stumbled upon a parameter in the vast universe of Impressia menus that will slow down the forwarding increment on the enterprise feeder ??

I feel like it could be slowed down ever so slightly to prevent media from occasionally overshooting and causing a paper jam.

Otherwise, FYI, I really like it. The feeder can be a little finicky , but what print device isn't at times ?

It's slower than conventional offset, but when you throw mixing multiple ink colors, spoilage, and general incompetence into the mix, it's a better scenario at this location.

Last edited:
The short answer is no.
The longer answer is Noooo.

We've had our Impressia for about 3 years and I was told by the sales rep recently that the feeder speed was variable in the new model.

The short answer is no.
The longer answer is Noooo.

We've had our Impressia for about 3 years and I was told by the sales rep recently that the feeder speed was variable in the new model.
Thanx for the reply .... it does well close to all of the time, just an option
that I wish I had.

On most non-remit envelopes, the Xante is where we can keep on eye on it. My one operator put one of the angle pieces on the envelopes. It slows the advance. It will get to the point where they won't advance and the machine will be "out of paper" but, that's better than a jam.

My technique is to turn on belt off when the envelopes start stacking up to much, babysit it for a minute until I get the pile to my liking and turn the feed back on.

The last option is to run at a heavier weight. It slows the engine down and the envelopes advance more slowly.

None of the options are ideal but, it keeps the press running semi-automatically.

A couple things that I've seen help in the past. Make sure everything is level including the feeder. Raising the feeder level may help to deal with feeding issues such as bunching up.

My apologies, I know this won't help you with the Impressia but for those who have the Enpress with the Enterprise feeder, check out this video,
for how to adjust the feeder belt speed. Also, for the Enterprise Feeder – validate with Xante that it has the latest firmware (loaded by replacing the small circuit board on rear of feeder) so that you can make proper belt speed adjustments.

Greetings.

Has anyone stumbled upon a parameter in the vast universe of Impressia menus that will slow down the forwarding increment on the enterprise feeder ??

I feel like it could be slowed down ever so slightly to prevent media from occasionally overshooting and causing a paper jam.

Otherwise, FYI, I really like it. The feeder can be a little finicky , but what print device isn't at times ?

It's slower than conventional offset, but when you throw mixing multiple ink colors, spoilage, and general incompetence into the mix, it's a better scenario at this location.
We have been having the same issue. There is a little white plastic clip to the right side of the front feeder wheel that pulls out. There is an electronic eye that measures how far the feeder wheel goes down when feeding the envelopes. You need to trick the electronic eye so it doesn't register the envelopes as being as low as they are. I devised a simple fix. I cut a piece of plastic strapping about 1.25 inches, folded it in half making a V. I taped 1 side of the V to the top of the clip such that the folded edge goes in first when you re-attach the clip. If you have questions you can reach me at [email protected]. I can send you a picture. If you don't have flat plastic strapping I can send you some for cheap since it comes on very large rolls.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back