Xante Impressia Enterprise Feeder woes

Possumgal

We've had an Impressia two or three years. We use it maybe once a week on average. A few months ago, the output conveyor went to pot. Now one set of belts on the Enterprise feeder is dead; the other set still works. I suppose a motor has burned out, but it's not like we worked it to death. I can't find any helpful info online. Is there anything we should be doing as far as maintenance? I can't find out how to oil anything or do anything else other than keep the belts and rollers clean with a damp cloth.

Well, the repair guy came today. He tightened up some belts and fixed a loose wire. What's worrisome and what I thought I ought to share is that he was told that Xante doesn't actually sell parts for out-of-warranty machines. In other words, he couldn't even get parts if he needed them to fix the machine. Something to keep in mind when making purchase decisions, perhaps.

We've got an Impressia dedicated to just envelope printing. It was purchased through Pacific Office Automation and they service it for us. But I've found the people at Xante to be really helpful and willing to answer my questions. The number is 251-473-6502.

Xante has been very helpful on the phone, no doubt. I was just floored that they told the repairman that they provide parts for warranty work, but will not sell them for out of warranty machines. What do you do if when they break down then, throw them out?

Xante has been very helpful on the phone, no doubt. I was just floored that they told the repairman that they provide parts for warranty work, but will not sell them for out of warranty machines. What do you do if when they break down then, throw them out?

Was the repair guy a Xante dealer? Maybe they only sell to dealers.

I believe he was referred by Xante. I think my boss called them first. If he wasn't a dealer, he certainly works with them on the machines. By the way, I don't believe they were referring to the printer itself as to parts, it was the feeders. The repairman told me because he was surprised himself.

I believe he was referred by Xante. I think my boss called them first. If he wasn't a dealer, he certainly works with them on the machines. By the way, I don't believe they were referring to the printer itself as to parts, it was the feeders. The repairman told me because he was surprised himself.

You wouldn't think they would recommend someone they will not sell parts to.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back