Xerox 1000 textured stock

thebluesdude

Hi guys, just looking at upgrading and it's between a couple of machines, I have read that the xerox 1000 / 800 presses will print on textured stock, has anyone achieved this with good results? Also does anyone know what 'real world' amount of clear toner you get out of a cartridge? Ie spotting photographs in a book or anything around 40-50 percent coverage

Hey thebluesdude - I can verify it prints well on textured stock, but if you are planning on printing letterhead, forget about it. As for the Clear Dry Ink, ask your sales monkey for the Excel file they have on Clear toner yields/costs. I can tell you it goes pretty far and runs $480.00/ jar, we are still on our original jar and have run several jobs with mixed coverage, most is spot usage though. We just ran some Christmas cards with 7 passes of clear on the snowflakes that turned out pretty cool.

Hey thebluesdude - I can verify it prints well on textured stock, but if you are planning on printing letterhead, forget about it. As for the Clear Dry Ink, ask your sales monkey for the Excel file they have on Clear toner yields/costs. I can tell you it goes pretty far and runs $480.00/ jar, we are still on our original jar and have run several jobs with mixed coverage, most is spot usage though. We just ran some Christmas cards with 7 passes of clear on the snowflakes that turned out pretty cool.

Thanks Craig, good to know, 7 passes!!! is the effect quite weak then? registration must be good though!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back