Xerox 242 streaks on all colors

Mary Lou

I am getting streaks on all colors and a slight void line on the cyan. The black and yellow developer unit and developer were just changed. New drums, IBT belt and fuser. The windows were cleaned for the lasers which were really dirty. Any ideas besides cleaning the actual lasers?

Attachments

• all colors.JPG
    all colors.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 207
laser

laser

I am getting streaks on all colors and a slight void line on the cyan. The black and yellow developer unit and developer were just changed. New drums, IBT belt and fuser. The windows were cleaned for the lasers which were really dirty. Any ideas besides cleaning the actual lasers?

I had the same issue. They ordered 3 new lasers or refurbed, all were dirty. The tech had to take one appart to get it to work.

Pretty sure that's what it is. Are the erase lamps the windows that cover the lasers that run from front to back?

You can clean the bottom of the ros windows but you need to take the ibt assembly and the drum/ developer drawer out. Its very easy to damage the ibt belt. You can shine a light in there to see the ink buildup on the bottom of the window.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back