Xerox 560 to …….

Hi all, I’m wanting to get another machine to replace my failing old and becoming useless & a money pit xerox 560 with fiery ex560

- I only print a4 colour duplex for my own product using 120gsm
- Based in U.K. northwest
- around 24,000 sides a month average
- not on contract - I supply consumables for it and I use call-outs when there’s frequent issues - over a week wait each time for engineer so if anyone can recommend a xerox engineer north west for call outs I’d be most grateful!

Open to suggestions! Please :) thanks!

Hi all, I’m wanting to get another machine to replace my failing old and becoming useless & a money pit xerox 560 with fiery ex560

- I only print a4 colour duplex for my own product using 120gsm
- Based in U.K. northwest
- around 24,000 sides a month average
- not on contract - I supply consumables for it and I use call-outs when there’s frequent issues - over a week wait each time for engineer so if anyone can recommend a xerox engineer north west for call outs I’d be most grateful!

Open to suggestions! Please :) thanks!
What about servicing it yourself?

@Plansplansplans if you calculate your true CPC factoring in the engineer callouts, I expect it is greater than a reasonable CPC you could negotiate either direct with one of the big four, or through the dealer channel.

That's before factoring in your own time, substrate wastage and impact of waiting a week when you can't DIY.

On any modern colour press, it is a complete fallacy not to have a machine on a CPC agreement with fixed costs, irrespective of toner coverage, parts and time needed to keep the machine at optimum performance. Turn the thought process on it's head - when the monthly CPC invoice is much higher than usual, that's great as it means you've sold much more print than usual.

In the UK, typically a click is a click and is based on an SRA3 side. Your production looks to be niche and you may be able to negotiate an A4 rate, however it is likely to be more than half an SRA3. In print production, whilst A4 is a popular finished size, it is rare to print onto A4 stock.

PlansPlansPlans, We Had a 5XX series Xerox for a very short time and turned it in because it didn't do what we needed. We later got a Xerox V80 (Versant) and was very happy with it including good reliability. If I were you I would consider a entry level Xerox Versant. As a new machine you should be able to get a very good click rate and know exactly what your cost of production will be.

I've decided to go for a c60 now as space is an issue where its located...
The only reason i do on a4 is because MY c560 has numerous issues printing sra3 - its basically had it at this point and has other problems now due to age and 4.5 million clicks on it
I have external finishing equipment so don't need the add on's that would come with a Versant
I'm seeing someone tomorrow about the new printer (refurbed) printer! But they are a trusted source apparently so I've got high hopes for the next machine!

I've decided to go for a c60 now as space is an issue where its located...
The only reason i do on a4 is because MY c560 has numerous issues printing sra3 - its basically had it at this point and has other problems now due to age and 4.5 million clicks on it
I have external finishing equipment so don't need the add on's that would come with a Versant
I'm seeing someone tomorrow about the new printer (refurbed) printer! But they are a trusted source apparently so I've got high hopes for the next machine!
We have a lot of offline finishing equipment and very little attached to our Versant.

I'm not that familiar with the Xerox range (we're a KM shop) however the C60 you mention looks to be an office MFP as opposed to a digital press. Check the specs carefully - whilst it states the machine will handle up to 300GSM, this doesn't necessarily mean it will do so for any volume, any toner coverage, duplex, nor maintain registration consistency. We have a similar office MFP from KM, which we now use just for office printing and labels. Before buying a C4080 digital press two years ago, we used the MFP for light production, but the difference is quality and handling is night and day, and you will find the same between a C60 and a Versant.
I'm sure the Versant is similar to the AccurioPress range in that you can have a basic stacker (i.e. no finishing gear) - this is what we have as we have numerous offline options for booklet making, binding, creasing, trimming, etc. and wouldn't want to tie finishing to one machine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back